Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hoot Hoot - Owl Card Swap

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have an obsession with feathered babies. An one of my ultimate favorites is owls. They are an amazing bird of prey. Of course I have my favorite - the barn owl. Love the heart shaped face!!! So I couldn't pass up the chance to do a card swap whose theme was owls!! My only difficulty was what owl to use for the swap!!! When I started creating my card for this swap I failed to read the rules, so I accidentally made too many cards, however it was a good mistake cause now I can send one to my "sister" in Canada! :-)

Rules to Play:
  • Full size card
  • Create 3+1 (1 being for the hostess) 
  • No vendor requirement on the stamps
  • Use good quality card stock
  • Minimum of 2 layers
  • Embellishment is optional

Ingredients That I Used:


Paper:

  • Stampin Up! Old Olive card stock
  • Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip card stock
  • Stampin Up! Very Vanilla card stock used on card base
  • DCWV Green Stack designer paper

Tools:

  • Stampin Up!/Sizzix wood grain embossing folder
  • Stampin Up!/Sizzix fancy fan embossing folder
  • Stampin Up! labels collection framelets
  • Stampin Up! curly label punch
  • Momenta Cut & Emboss Owl Set

Ink:

  • Versafine vintage sepia 

Stamp Set:

  • Hampton Art "Who Loves You" Owl Set

Embellishments:

  • Spare Parts burlap flowers
  • Mix Media burlap trim





8 comments:

  1. Your swaps are a great idea. I was on the Splitcoast Stampers site, and I am very new at this, but how can we enter? I cannot figure out how to contact you for the address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually this is my entry into someone else's swap on SCS. I am hosting a swap, but the theme is "Feathered Friends" Let me put in the two addresses (links) below.
      Owl Swap:
      http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/owl-cards-due-march-25th-2014-a-t582865.html

      Feathered Friends:
      http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/%2A%2Aopen%2A%2A-feathered-friends-card-swap-due-april-18-2014-a-t583876.html

      Delete
  2. I want to join your swap for feathered friends, and I sent in my info to join the user groups and believe I was accepted, but still do not understand how to contact you to enter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you have to do is go to the link and say you want to join :-) and say you are new to SCS. :-) There are a ton of us that will help you from that point. We all were new at one point and we all love new people. Forest Ranger (you will see that she posts a lot) is also amazing at hosting swaps. What is your SCS name??? I can look you up that way and send you a PM through SCS.

      Delete
    2. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/%2A%2Aopen%2A%2A-feathered-friends-card-swap-due-april-18-2014-a-t583876.html
      Just follow that link. Sign into spiltcoast :-)

      Delete
    3. I added a post at Splitcoast Stampers....my SCS name is mjs1033

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete